Monday, July 26, 2010

Wichita FM Radio Is Coming Up Short

First it was the sale and death of FLY 92 and now with the new format being forced upon us at 107.3 The Brew I can officially declare that album rock is dead in Wichita! I really liked the sound that 107.3 The Road had and I am sad to see it go. I am 100% for the free market and I realize that this change had to be made because The Road was not making advertisement revenue. I will continue to listen to Bob and Tom in the mornings on 107.3 The Brew, and then 104.5 The Fox for about an hour; but after that it is Shawn FM on my mp3 player from about 10 am on for the rest of the day at work! The Fox plays some of the stuff that The Brew no longer plays but not the longer album length cuts that The Road used to do. Some cuts that come to mind would be the full live version of "Do you feel like we do" by Peter Frampton.  I love digital music technology even though the sound quality is not quite as good as playing a cd or lp. I am sure that the quality will improve as the technology gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments at length. All that I ask is that you keep it clean and do not personally attack anyone. Thanks.